Just like any other painting form, you need the Best Watercolor Painting Techniques to create watercolor masterpieces. But where do you learn these Watercolor Techniques from? The best way to learn Easy Painting Techniques is to have an instructor to consult. But in case, there is no instructor you know, we have a little help here. Check out these Easy Painting Techniques that work best with watercolors and gain expertise in a very little time-
Best Watercolor Painting Techniques to try out. With these Easy Painting Techniques or Watercolor Techniques, you will make watercolor painting much more fun.
Best Watercolor Painting Techniques
1. One of the Best Watercolor Painting Techniques is that you should have a good collection of brushes. Without all the shapes and sizes of brushes, you can’t expect to get great results.
2. Techniques also include the element of quality. Starting from the brushes to the paint you use, make sure everything is of premium quality obtained from some reputed seller.
3. Out of all the Easy Painting Techniques, the dry vs wet technique is a favorite among a lot of watercolor painters. This technique offers uniqueness to any subject on your canvas.
4. Talking about techniques, don’t forget the light to dry method. In this method, you first create the elements that need light coloring and then you move on to the darker elements.
5. Although all Watercolor Techniques are great, bleeding makes your composition looks amazing. Bleed one color into another for that typical watercolor effect.
6. Even watercolor paintings have texture. Without getting the textures right, you can’t make your painting stand out in the crowd. Try to create texture wherever possible.
7. Don’t forget to have paper towels in your toolkit while working with watercolors. Paper towels work as an eraser when you are using watercolors on paper.
8. There is a technique called scumbling. Although it is a more popular technique among oil painters, it has also found use in watercolor paintings. It creates indirect layers to make the painting look natural.
9. When you need to add texture to natural surfaces like rock, you can make use of salt. Just sprinkle a little salt on a swatch of color and see the magic. Remove the salt when the swatch is dry.
10. If you want to offer clean edges to the elements in your painting, make use of tapes.
Even if you’re interested in creating a jaw-dropping abstract painting, you must have to follow some rules and techniques to create a Masterpiece.
Easy Painting Techniques or Watercolor Techniques
How to stretch paper to prepare it for watercolor?
Soak the sheet in water. Then place the sheet on a board after draining the water from it. Any excess water should be soaked or blotted with a sponge or towel. Now, use we gummed paper tape to fix the paper to the board. Make sure the tape covers only ¼ inch of the paper’s edges. Let it dry overnight. The next day, you get a stretched paper to work on with your watercolors.
Is it necessary to stretch your paper before using watercolor on it?
Although it’s not extremely important, it will give you a taut surface to work on. Stretching also adds to the aesthetic value of the paper. A lot of the Best Watercolor Painting Techniques highlight the importance of stretching.
What do you mean by a watercolor board?
Watercolor boards are flat sturdy surfaces that support the stretching of paper sheets on which to use the watercolors. When you prepare your paper for watercolor painting, it is this board that offers all the support. Many Watercolor Techniques make use of the watercolor board.
Now, that you know all the Best Watercolor Painting Techniques, you will be able to create better-looking watercolor works. The best thing about these Watercolor Techniques is that they are Easy Painting Techniques. So, employing them is no daunting task!